GENDER ROLES??????
I honestly Hate gender roles. Why? because who ever came up with the idea that "this is a mans thing" or" that's a womens thing" is plain dumb!!!!! why can't a man do what a women does. Why can't a women change the oil of her car. I belive that both men and women can do the same exact thing. Both men and women can cook and clean the house, do the "handymandy" job lol. Times have changed, society has changed; we do not live in a society that women cannot do a mans job and vice versa. Now alot of people might think oh but a women can't do the work of a man, we can say the same about a man how they cannot cook and clean so on. But there are alot of men that are single parents and guess what they cook, clean, iron etc. And there are alot of single female parents that can also do the fixing of the house hold, the hard labor. So lets stop this gender role thing and lets treat everyone the same.
I completely agree with your post. We really don’t see as much of “gender roles” these days, however, they still do exist. In my case, my major is nursing, which was considered more of a woman’s job. Still today, I still hear professors making up scenarios where there will be a nurse and they will refer to the nurse as “she” instead of an individual. I also do the cooking and cleaning around my house, because I have a single apartment and live alone. You’re right; times are changing and gender roles are being seen less and less.
ReplyDeleteI can agree to an extent because I am always for women equality but at the same time..... I guess because I am married, I know my role in the marriage and play it well.
ReplyDeleteI can agree to an extent because I am always for women equality but at the same time..... I guess because I am married, I know my role in the marriage and play it well.
ReplyDeleteThank you, ma'am!! I love seeing the changing gender roles in society and I hope that the trend continues. I have a child that doesn't fit into a typical "gender box" so any change is appreciated by me and gives me hope for my child's future.
ReplyDeleteGender roles are such a pain. Our culture often complains of the use of stereotypes, yet as a culture we innately teach our young to categorize things. This is a catch 22 that we as humans will fail at overcoming time and time again. It's in our nature to classify all because we have higher brain functions. I envy animals sometimes; they might be primal in nature, but they are simple.
ReplyDeleteI somewhat agree with your post. I also kind of do not. I agree that both women and men should be treat equal but this equality has really changed socitey. Men do not feel like they should take on the responsiblity of being head of house hold anymore because women have proven to be able to do it all.
ReplyDelete