Death......GOOD or BAD?
A lot of people think of death as a bad thing. Now this is might contradict my previous post but, is it really a bad thing. Yes, we miss the person who passed away or was killed but what if it was for the better. This might sound cold hearted to people but let say the person had a disease that has them in their death bed, why would we keep them alive? for them to keep suffering? there are a lot of people that will disagree because they say to have the faith maybe they can recover and come back from anything they would be going through at that moment. Realistically I think those types of people are selfish, yes! selfish and please don't get offended for this but it is my opinion. If I had my parents or my significant other in a state that I had to make the decision of life or death, I would choose Death. Only because I wouldn't want them to suffer, yes I might regret it and miss them to death but if its something they would want I would complete there wish.
DEEP! I like your point of view on this topic.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you if my parents was suffering and in pain i would not want them to suffer, I too never understood why some people keep their loved ones on those machines instead of pulling the plug.
ReplyDeleteProbably it mean the same for you if I agree with your opinion or not, but I do not agree completely and let just tell why. My grandmother and 92 years old female with COPD and exacerbations. She is been with this condition for quite a while now and last March 20th she end up in the hospital due to another exacerbation. She was intubated for over 20 days and had done a tracheostomy to help her breath better. I am Christian and don't mean to be selfish at all ,but I pray to God I said, God please do as you will and give us peace in case that you decision is not similar to my wishes ( take her back home alive and expend more time with her, is my wish). After 70 days my grandmother was released from the hospital and she is back home maybe not fully recuperated but God is the one that has the last word in this case. I dont know what is going to happend with her, but right now I am extremely happy that she is back home. nice to share with you my experience, bye dear
ReplyDeleteI think death is an interesting question and personally if I am old and suffering I still would want to live because life is precious but my son is different. I asked him and he says when he is old and fragile he is not sure if he wants to live and suffer because quality matters he says. I do not agree with him, maybe he is like that because he is only 16.
ReplyDeleteMedical marvels have allowed life to be prolonged way farther than they ever have in the past. But when is enough, enough? I don't think I will ever understand why so many people feel quantity of life far outweighs quality of life. Seeing the quality of life of those not ready to let go terrifies me.
ReplyDelete